Dogs can become unhappy when left alone at home for a length of time. A disturbed dog may bark a lot or might start destroying the furniture. What can you do to help while you’re out at work? You could invest in one of these dog cameras. You can log onto an app on your smartphone and see what your pet is up to at any time, and some give notifications when barking begins. Perhaps the best bit is that they also dispense treats to pacify the dog, so let’s have a closer look at three of the best.
Premium Pooch Camera – Furbo Pet Camera
- 🐾 SEE -- 1080p Full HD Camera & Night Vision: With Full HD, 160º wide-angle, 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your dog clearly day and night.
- 🐾 TALK -- Talk to your dog at home to calm him down and HEAR what he is doing thanks to 2-way-chat.
- 🐾 BARKING ALERT -- Furbo sends a push notification to your phone when t senses your dog barking. You'll always know whats going on at home.
This model comes from Furbo and is a full HD camera with many interesting features. It has night vision and a 160° viewing angle and has a zoom function – all operated from your smartphone. This one also has an audio function whereby you can talk to the dog remotely to calm it down when it is flustered, and it comes with a braking alert that notifies you instantly.
You can fill the Furbo with your pets favourite treats and tell it from afar when to throw one to the dog – a great game that keeps he or she occupied – and it is a sturdy device that can be mounted on any flat surface. It also works with Alexa, and has a downward angled camera so you can put it on a high shelf.
Mid-Range Treat Camera – Petzi Treat Cam
Smaller than the above and a bit cheaper is the Petzi Treat Cam. This one comes with a decent camera if not as sharp as the above and has the treat function. The capacity is smaller than its rival, but is still adequate for keeping a dog occupied from afar. You get a snap function with this one so can take pictures of your dog at home wherever you might be.
This camera comes with the audio function so you can talk to the dog if you want, and can be mounted on a shelf or can also be wall-mounted, which we think is a great design touch. It’s versatile and usable, and if you want a pet camera with audio and treat function this one may be for you.
Discount Dog Viewer – Littlelf Wi-Fi Camera
- 【1080P Full HD Resolution & Easy Installation】Littlelf 1080P wireless camera displays a crystal clear smooth live video for you. Easy installation and configuration of this home camera, it can be mounted on the wall, ceiling, or lightly placed on the ground, table.
- 【2 Way Audio & IR Night Vision】This Pet WiFi Camera built-in 48dB microphone & speaker and anti noise technology, the fluent sound allows you to communicate or comfort your baby / pet / nanny when you are out. IR LEDs technology extends the viewing distance up to 30 feet to offer you a super night vision experience in pitch dark.
- 【Human Motion detection & Real Time Alert】The wireless camera features in advanced Intelligent motion detection will timely send notification to your phone when it detects illegal intrusion. (Can set up human motion detection to reduce false alarm）.
For those of you who have dogs that don’t need a lot of attention when left alone, this could be the answer. It’s a Wi-Fi camera with motion detection, LED technology for better vision at night, and a record function that stores in the cloud or on an SD card. It also has 2-way audio so you can talk to the pet, and is operated via an app.
There is no treat dispenser with this one, it can be mounted on a shelf or on the wall, and is a clever design with a function that notifies you when it detects unexpected movement. It also works with Alexa, but what is most remarkable about this one is the price which is considerably lower than the two others we have listed.
That’s three dog cameras for you, and we hope we’ve helped you find one that does the job at the right price.