I did an article recently about how to keep your dog entertained on a rainy day and one of the ideas was interactive toys. I thought i’d expand on that and talk about some of the games we have for Luna, and some other recommended toys.
Your Cockapoo is half poodle, half spaniel (hopefully haha) which is a mix of 2 very clever breeds. Therefore its important to make sure that they actually use it. It will be a good way to tire them out and they will have loads of fun in the process.
Here are some I would recommend.
Contents and Quick Navigation
1. Trixie Dog Activity Board
- Sturdy, suitable for all dogs
- Stimulates the mind keeps dogs active for longer, helps with concentration
- Easy to use, however dog may need to be guided and helped to begin with, use your judgement all dogs are different
We have one that’s very similar to this that Luna loves. She will sometimes get very frustrated with it if she can’t get to the treats fast enough. She will stop, and look at me as if to say “help me get these, I can’t get them” and sometimes give a bark at it. Her tails wagging, so she is happy and she has never got bored of this game and we have owned it for a few years now.
2. The Kong Wobbler.
- Action packed food-dispensing toy that provides mental stimulation
- Entertaining wobble sparks dogs curiosity engaging over time
- Allows dogs to work for their food, engaging in natural instincts
I did a separate review on this with Luna. Its her favourite toy, EVER. Its just so simple, fill it full of your cockapoos favourite treats, put it down and away they go. Luna will whack it for ages. Just watch out for the treats spilling out and going under your sofa as that can leave you with one very frustrated dog.
3. Trixie Dog Activity Turn Around
- Sturdy and suitable for all dogs
- Keeps dogs mind active for longer, stimulating them and helping with concentration
- Easy to use, you may need to guide your dog on how to use it for the first time
This isn’t one that I personally own but its one I’ve seen mentioned on Facebook groups by other Cockapoo owners. Its a great toy but it can take them some getting used to at first. The only reason we don’t have it as that its a bit big to store when not in use and wouldn’t fit in any of our storage cupboards.
4. A snuffle mat
- 🐶Snuffle Mat for Dogs Improve Sensitivity-Puts your dog’s nose and brain to work by mimicking the hunt for food in nature.
- 🐶 Simply Challenging- Encourages natural foraging skills.
- 🐕Train the Dog's Sense of Smell-This is a fun way for dogs to use their nose to investigate or to keep your pet busy when you are away from home.
I keep meaning to order one of these. It’s a mat that’s meant to help mimic a dog’s natural hunting and sniffing skills. You fill it randomly with plenty of your dog’s favourite treats. The design of the mat makes it awkward for your dog to easily eat the treats. This means that it can take them quite a while to find them all and really make them use their brain. If it becomes dirty it can be thrown in the washing machine.
5. Idept Dog Toy Ball
- NONTOXIC MATERIAL : the product is made by extra-tough rubber, good elasticity, bite-resistant and nontoxic,non-abrasive,safe for your sweet dog grinding and cleaning their teeth.
- MORE ENTERTAINMENT: Perfect for fetch and interaction with your dog.You can add food or treats into the grooves and this can keep them busy for hours.
- STRONG TOOTH: Soft and unique surface relief, can effectively help clean their teeth and keep their gums healthy.
We have one of these to put Luna’s kibble in. She loves balls and loves her food so there’s no better combination. She gets that annoyed with it that she throws it out of her mouth, slamming it against the floor to make the food fall out.