What are some signs that your Cockapoo puppy is teething?
- Increased chewing and gnawing at furniture and toys.
- A decrease in appetite due to discomfort when eating.
- Signs of discomfort. They may be whining quite frequently. They may take themselves off to sleep somewhere and generally be unable to settle. They may also get frustrated easier.
- Finding teeth on the floor or your Cockapoo puppy may have redness and swelling of their gums or bleeding. They may also drool more than normal, you may find wet patches in their bed or areas they sleep or rest.
How to deal with the teething stage
Be patient. Understand this is a phase your Cockapoo puppy has to go through just like human babies and they will be experiencing some discomfort. Try providing your Cockapoo puppy with lots of things to chew on. Ideal chew toys could be things like “Kongs” filled with things like; their favourite treats, yoghurt, small apples chunks or cream cheese. Kongs can be great for this.
- Mentally stimulating toy, offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs
- KONG classic red rubber formula for average chewers
- Unpredictable bounce for games of fetch
You can freeze these toys as well. Or you could put their daily food in one and give instead of using a bowl if their teething seems very bad. Yak Milk chews such as Yakers ate also excellent, they can be found here:
- Extra Long Lasting
- 100% Natural Dog Treat
- Preservative & Gluten Free