Gone are the days when a dog was just a dog. Some couples choose to have a furbaby over a human one, while other people prefer to hang out with their dog over a person. It figures then that names usually reserved for humans are now being given to our canine companions and we’ve got a list of the most popular and unique dog names for you.
If you are thinking about getting a cockapoo puppy then the names below include some great cockapoo girl names and some great cockapoo boy names that we think are perfect for not just cockapoos but all dog breeds. Let’s get started and look at these great Cockapoo puppy names. Let’s take a look at some of the best cockapoo dog names for a new puppy.
Chocolate Cockapoo Names
Contents and Quick Navigation
- Chestnut – Chestnuts are a delicious warming wintertime snack, that most have fond memories of eating at one point in their lives. It will also complement your dog perfectly, your dog being a warm friend who you can build memories with.
- Chewbacca – If you are a Star Wars fan, or you like to reference films and want to name your dog after an iconic movie character, why not name him after Han solo’s trusty furry companion, Chewbacca.
- Coco – If you love chocolate, or you think the name has a nice ring, cocoa might be the perfect name for your dog. Why not name your main love in your life after your other love.
- Coffee – A nice, warm cup of coffee is comforting after a stressful day, as is your dog.
- Whisky – Maybe you would prefer something a bit more robust, or you are a fan of strong alcoholic drinks. Whisky could be the perfect name if either of those is the case.
- Bears – Bears are simultaneously, cute and cuddly, but powerful.
- Cthulhu – Why not name your little monster after Lovecraftian horror Cthulhu. Cthulhu is the perfect name for your little horror if he likes to chew things up or steal food. Great if you are a fan of good classic science fiction.
- Muffin – Why not name your dog something sweet, like a muffin? A classic dog name for a reason, perfect for your little sweetheart.
- Nutmeg – If your dog can be both sweet and savoury, or you enjoy the taste of nutmeg, this might be the dog name for your chocolate cockapoo.
- Timber – Wood might not be an appealing name for a brown dog, but timber has a nice ring to it if you have a cockapoo with a brown colour.
- Wookie – Chewbacca might be a bit generic or obvious to you. If that is the case, Wookie would be great for a brown dog, if you’re a science fiction or film fan.
Apricot Cockapoo Names
- Nemo – After the fun, family movie Finding Nemo, this name is great for your apricot coloured cockapoo if you like good animated family fun.
- Honey – They say there is not anything sweeter than a small and cute dog who loves you and is loyal, so why not name your precious pooch after the natural sweetener, honey? One of the best dog names I think.
- Butternut – Who doesn’t like butternut squash? An option for naming your apricot coloured cockapoo is naming it after this wonderful food.
- Sunny – Is there a happier name for your dog? Sunny is perfect for a dog who brings you joy and happiness.
- Pumpkin – Another good name for your dog is pumpkin, a popular Autumn food. Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie?
- Marigold – A beautiful flower that can be used as an effective herb for skin inflammation, marigold is a wonderful name for your apricot cockapoo.
- Ginger – Another wonderful spice that has its use in sweet things like ginger beer, some cakes and ginger nut biscuits. Ginger is another name that is great for your lovely dog.
- Peaches – Another sweet name for your sweet little pooch, perfect if you love peaches.
- Tango – If you enjoy Latin American dance, or a bottle of Tango fizzy juice.
- Citrus – Have orange or lemon in juice, cake or almost anything, Citrus is a great name for your dog who can be sweet or sour.
Red Cockapoo Names
- Crimson –If your red cockapoo has a deep red colour, crimson could be the perfect name.
- Brandy – Another name for strong alcohol lovers.
- Autumn –Red is a colour of Autumn, so if your favourite time of the year is October and November, Autumn could be the perfect name for your red cockapoo.
- Elmo – Just like a cockapoo, Elmo is cute and loveable.
- Daredevil – If you are a superhero fan, this is the perfect name for a red dog.
- Burgundy – Another deep red name with a lovely red coat.
- Cayenne –Cayenne pepper is a red-hot chilli pepper, perfect if you like spicy food!
- Blaze- If your dog can have a fiery temper, or you think blaze has a nice ring.
- Amber – An amber is a beautiful gem that can have a lovely red colour, perfect for your little gem.
- Cinnamon –Another spice that is used for sweet things, cinnamon is an aromatic spice.
White Cockapoo Names
- Snowy – Sweet and simple, this name could be used for any dog with a nice white coat, including your cockapoo.
- Snoopy – After Charlie Brown’s loyal pet dog, Snoopy is a possibility for any fan of the Peanuts comic strips.
- Cotton – A cute and fluffy name for a cute and fluffy white dog
- Custard – If you like custard and/or have a silly dog, this name could be the one for your pooch.
- Chardonnay – If you like wine, this fancy-sounding name is perfect for your white cockapoo.
- Fluffy – Perfect for your fluffy cockapoo.
- Bianco – “Bianco” means white in Italian, great for a white cockapoo.
- Blizzard – Perfect for a white cockapoo with a lot of energy that’s fast like a blizzard of snow.
- Buttermilk – A name that is great for a small and cuddly dog.
- Diamond – A cuddly lapdog would suit the name diamond.
Top Boy Names for Your Cockapoo
- Alfie – It’s definitely one of our favourite names. It just feels like a best friend kind of name.
- Teddy – This name is very in at the moment. It also suits this breed perfectly.
- Dexter – Dexter’s a great name and one that is in fashion.
- Oscar – Ah, Oscar. This was my granddad’s name so it’s extra special.
- Barney – A very popular name! We love it.
- Milo – It’s a name that’s stood the test of time.
- Cooper – Cooper the cockapoo has such a nice ring about it.
- Ralph – I know a poodle called Ralph and it suits him perfectly.
- Henry – So regal, so royal.
- Stanley –Stanley! We just love it.
- Jasper – The name of a reddish-brown semi-precious stone. Perfect if you have a reddish-brown precious pooch.
Cockapoo Female Dog Names
- Poppy- I’m not sure if it’s from the movie Trolls or because it’s one of my favourite flowers, but I can see why Poppy would be a popular female cockapoo name
- Molly – Good golly Miss Molly! Yup, that’s what we’d be saying a lot if our pooch was a Molly.
- Luna – Celestial, heavenly, Luna is the perfect name for your four-legged little girl.
- Ruby – Ruby is a classic name, especially if she was born in July.
- Matilda – I love Roald Dahl so it goes without saying I love the name Matilda.
- Maisie – Did you know this is the Scottish diminutive form of Margaret? And here I thought it was Maggie.
- Winnie – Winnie the Poo! It needs no further explanation.
- Lilly – As precious as the flower itself, Lilly is a sweet name,
- Lottie – Lottie is the name of a friend that’ll be with you through thick and thin. So we think it’s a great name for your loyal companion.
- Daisy – “Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do!” Daisy, Daisy will you be me my cockapoo?
- Bailey – An evergreen dog name that we think is a great one.
Funny Dog Names
Still, stuck for dog names? Check out Dogphase.com and use their name dog name generator.
We hope we have helped you find some cute dog names for a cockapoo as we think we picked out some top cockapoo names for you. If none of these suits you then have at what popular poodle and cocker spaniel dog names are out there as this breed is a mix of them both.