You might be one of the lucky ones and have a dog that doesn’t shed much hair.
Luna sheds a lot. She’s a lot more spaniel that poodle so maybe that’s why?
After all, the Cockapoo is a crossbreed and they might be more poodle or might be more spaniel. It really is pot luck!
We thought Luna wouldn’t shed hair, but we were wrong! Dog hair is everywhere. I wouldn’t change it though. She’s amazing.
I decided to do some research and look into the best hoovers to get rid of the hair that seems to be everywhere.
Here is are some of the best hoovers that I think will be good for pet hair and the one that we own.
Some Recommended Hoovers
Contents and Quick Navigation
The Hoover We Own – Shark Cordless Hoover
- Pet vacuum: Motorised pet tool easily removes embedded pet hair from carpets, stairs and sofas
- Carpets and hard floors: DuoClean glides across all floors, cleaning without stopping
- Flexology: Flexible wand bends to clean hard-to-reach places and folds for compact storage
I always used to buy Dysons but with our last one not lasting that long I decided to do some research into other brands. One that I kept seeing on TV over and over was the Shark models.
Reviews looked good so we went ahead and bought it.
So far, I am pretty happy with it. It performs pretty well but we paid the extra for the pet attachment which we really needed for the stairs as that’s the part that seems to attract the pet hair the most. This works pretty well, but its not perfect.
Battery life is decent and it gives me just enough battery to do all the key areas. If I want to concentrate on the stairs with the animal attachment then I will likely use a full charge just for the stairs on their own.
A better hoover than ours (in my opinion) – Shark Corded Upright Hoover
- DuoClean floor head glides from carpets to hard floors
- Anti Hair Wrap actively removes hair from the bristle brush-roll
- Transform into a portable vacuum to easily clean stairs, surfaces and under furniture
This was the original Shark hoover that we purchased after we got rid of the Dyson. It was better than the model above, but we took it back to the shop. It was just too heavy for my wife to use and she struggled to carry it upstairs. It was heavy and bulky.
However, with it being corded it did clean the stairs that little bit better than the cordless one that we have and the bin size on the vacuum was also bigger and better.
I guess it all depends on your needs, but we preferred the wireless one and it also means my wife can still help with the hoovering 🙂
Before we had Luna, I had a robot hoover like this one. These are not the best for pet hair BUT they are handy for staying on top of things. We had ours go out once per day when Luna was not in, as she hated it. It wouldn’t do a deep clean and wasn’t as good as a manual hoover as getting the pet hair up but it did mean that the manual hoovering we did wasn’t as much.
- [1900Pa Max. Suction & App Remote Control] Muzili Robot adopts 1900Pa vacuum cyclone technology and multiple HEPA filtration system to clean hair, pet hair, dust efficiently and suck more than 99% mites simultaneously. Perfect back-and-forth path will not ignore any dead zone when cleaning. Wi-Fi App works with Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control, making you free hands and enjoy a clean home.
- [2-in-1 Water Tank & 2.7inch Ultra Slim] Muzili Robot is equipped with advanced water tank system, which can mop the floor after cleaning. The bottom adopts the most advanced 3-point cleaning system: side brushes/rolling brush/powerful suction. Intelligent navigation system makes it clean along walls and corners easily. 2.7inch super-thin body reaches the deepest interior under bed, sofa and furniture, no worry about cleaning at all.
- [6 Cleaning Modes & Boundary Marker] The Robot features 6 modes(auto/schedule/spot /edge/single room/max. power cleaning) and infrared remote control. It works well on wood floors, tiles, carpets, etc. Boundary magnetic strips keep your robot clean in a certain area rather than in a “forbidden area”. Anti-drop & anti-collision functions are perfect for working on the stairs. It can cross obstacle of 18mm height and clean plush carpets efficiently, what a good helper for your home!
This isn’t one that I have owned or used as we personally moved away from Dyson after the last one not lasting long. It is a hoover that I do see coming up in reviews and its one a friend of ours with a dog owns. They said it works really well and should maybe be one that makes it onto your shortlist.